2 pounds chicken wings
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1. Toss chicken wings in a large bowl with apple cider vinegar, garlic salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, onion salt, and black pepper to coat; cover bowl with plastic wrap.
2. Marinate chicken in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours.
3. Scatter flour over the chicken wings; toss to coat. Discard any remaining marinade.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
5. Heat shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat; fry chicken in hot shortening until golden, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
6. Arrange fried chicken pieces onto a baking sheet.
7. Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes; remove chicken to a platter lined with paper towels to drain.
8. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic in melted butter until translucent, about 2 minutes.
9. Stir hot sauce into the butter and garlic mixture; reduce heat to low and simmer sauce 5 minutes. Transfer sauce to a large bowl.
10. Move drained chicken in batches to the bowl with the sauce and turn to coat. Drizzle any remaining sauce over wings to serve.