1 pound ground chicken
2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
1 stalk celery, minced
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®)
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, celery, and egg in a bowl.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in hot sauce. Pour into chicken mixture; knead until well incorporated. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Roll chicken mixture into 1-inch balls; place in a single layer on baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
6. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.